What brewing software do you use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
I used to use Brewtoad to store my recipes, write up brew logs for recipes, and as I input my recipe it calculates the OG, FG, IBU, SRM etc. However, the functionality on that site has been failing recently and now am locked out my account for no apparent reason. I'm looking to store my recipes elsewhere.

I was wondering what other people use which is preferably free. Any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of Brewmate, it's simple to use, does everything I need it to and best of all it's free.

Beersmith fan here, but not free and is probably quite a steep learning curve to jump straight into. Saying that I started out using Brewtarget which has a similar look and feel to beersmith.

Brewmate does look quite good.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Paid a fiver for Beer Smith 2 last night. It's a bit full on for my needs right now, but getting my head round it slowly.

Started out with Brewer's Friend as it had the simplest UI but can only store 5 recipes for free. Now that I use BeerSmtih I'd not go back. The layout is a little confusing to begin with but once you're used to it it's quite intuitive.

Wort on Android is good.

I use beersmith 2. I got it when version 2 had just come out 2012 iirc and have been using it ever since. I like that you can cloud save then use the beersmith lite app on yer phone or tablet and bring up all your cloud recipes and brew away.

My head. Just glaze over when folk mention EBUs and lovibonds and efficiency etc. Make it all up as I go along with an idea of what I'm aiming for and things turn out pretty much as I'd hoped. Not very scientific but enough for my simple mind.

Have been using brewers friend for a few years but have now changed to brew toad.

I use them to calculate quantities for recipes but mostly just have a big note book that every brew gets a page in and I can keep track of what I want to very easily there.

Thanks for your input everyone. I'll probably check out brewmate or cough up the cash for beersmith. I've actually used a trial of the latter before and at the time found it a bit complicated, but i know a lot more now than I did back then.

I also saw a Grainfather promo video where they are making their own version. I'll have a look and see if that's available yet as well.

I use Brewers Friend. Its really simple to use for calculating amounts of grain and hops. I'm not sure how I would get on with anything more complex......

I use Brewpal which is easy to use, stores my recipes and allows me to add new hops, grains and yeast as I get them if not already included. Can't remember how much it was on my iPad but was a few quid I think.

Latest posts

Back