Corny beer line

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cqr

Reaction score
I'am still looking for kegs, but just had a thought
will the beer go off ,in the beer line if I don't pull a pint often

I wouldn't have thought so but then my beer doesn't stay in the line long enough :mrgreen:

Used to have that trouble running thru JG fittings through the cooler but since recently going to all quick disconnect not anymore plus I use silicone milk hose as beer line
And when the problem did occur it was over 48 hours not 24

I'am still looking for kegs, but just had a thought
will the beer go off ,in the beer line if I don't pull a pint often

It does in most pubs and any decent landlord/barman will pull a drop thru through, you may notice some "using it up" mixed in to the first few pints served, it will depend on the length of the run and how long it sits.

So should a drop be wasted every day I drink
Or only if, say only pored a pint once a week
Is there some guide

I just leave it until I pull the next pint. It's easy to see when the fresh beer is coming through. Chuck the old stuff then pull a pint.

I leave mine in the line from one week to the next. I find there is a noticeable difference in the first and second pint so I tend to sacrifice one at the start of the evening.

James

Can't say I've noticed much of a problem. My beer line is 3 metres of 3/16" dia, but most of that line is coiled up in the fridge, so it stays as cool as the Corny. I sometimes go 3 or 4 days between pints but I've never had to ditch any yet. :party::party::pray::hat:

Back