Good Morning - Flixon Breweries Here - Betty Firstbrew Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flixonbrews

Reaction score
Just a quick update here from Flixon Breweries with a review of our hardy beverage for the fully grown adult, 'Betty Firstbrew'.

We tentatively poured out Betty's juice at 1pm, and compared it's colouring almost to a stout, or a very strong porter. Is it cloudy we said? Who knows, it was so damn dark you couldn't tell. Bravo! So it must be clear and ready to drink then, so we bombed in, head first.

We drank around half a pint. I said to master brewer Russell 'I don't think I'm getting a placebo effect here partner, my chest has gone all burny and I feel a bit dizzy, how are you finding it?'. 'I've gone all hot' he said.

We both agreed, she tasted sweet, hardly surprisingly really, after the amount of sugar we tipped into her, and I hadn't felt as manly smelling an aroma since I pinched me Dad's Hai Karate aftershave in 1986. She tasted a bit like licorice, and her sweet dew gave an aftertaste of unrivaled quality.

We hadn't really had enough to taste test completely at this point though, so we necked the rest. 'There's no sediment' we remarked... and soon there were no dregs either, as we ventured back to the sacred barrel.

I must say that the rest of the afternoon really flew by, we lost count after four pints each, and I vaguely recall a dance off in the kitchen to Jamiroquai.

When it comes down to matters of a home brew nature, an appropriate review should also include the morning after. Flixon Breweries can report a zero aftershock rating, and the additional overtime shift required for the extra manpower at the waste factory has been stood down. Additionally, absolutely no headache whatsoever.

Betty is a clean brew, we've decided to rename her Vital Health Juice, for the cure of all ills, and the ultimate relief to a harsh, cruel World.

So onwards, yesterday was the trial, the boxing on Saturday is where all of us really put a dent in it, and now we can be equally confident that we're not going to make anyone ill too.

Our cider is bubbling away nicely in the bucket with an EC-1118 yeast topping at 22 degrees. We're hoping for as much success with what will be our new Vital Health Juice Max Plus.

Back