Clear Beer Draught System

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the lack of responses might be due to people not reading this forum, not a lack of interest.

Assume you mean $35/device? Might be something I consider in the future but I've spent quite a lot on getting my kegerator set up recently.

Been speaking to the owner of this
http://www.clearbeerdraughtsystem.com

He said he will ship 6 units for about $35.
So was wondering if theres 5 other guys who fancy chipping in?

Seems a wicked lil unit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3inIKYrQUU

I'm interested though fair to point out to folks that there will be VAT to pay at port of entry. I think duty will be payable also and the carrier will want paying for customs clearance.

I guess the final cost including your U.K. postage will be nearer 50 green ones each?

That said I would like one, only four to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just thought, could you rig up a King Keg float with a longer length of silicon hose?

What it is it? I can't listen to that guy for 10 minutes

Turn the sound down the video says it all or visit his site - http://www.clearbeerdraughtsystem.com/info.html

b2ba0f6f38eef9072660cb5852decf75

The only reason I have any dead yeast in the bottom of my bottles and kegs is because I carbonate them with sugar after fermentation is completed and the beer is cleared in the FV. (If it hasn't cleared then I reckon it hasn't finished fermenting!)

I always thought that people used Corny Kegs so that they didn't need to add sugar and wait for carbonation; they could just rack off the fermented and cleared beer into a Corny Keg, carbonate it in a couple of days with CO2 from a bottle and then drink it.

Am I missing something?

The only reason I have any dead yeast in the bottom of my bottles and kegs is because I carbonate them with sugar after fermentation is completed and the beer is cleared in the FV. (If it hasn't cleared then I reckon it hasn't finished fermenting!)

I always thought that people used Corny Kegs so that they didn't need to add sugar and wait for carbonation; they could just rack off the fermented and cleared beer into a Corny Keg, carbonate it in a couple of days with CO2 from a bottle and then drink it.

Am I missing something?
Your right yes you can force carb to drink immediately but I find by doing that the beer hasn't had time to mature properly.for me it has to be at least 5 weeks packaged so sugar carbing up is no worse or no better.I don't leave the beer sitting in the FV or secondary any longer than 3 weeks usually less

Presumably you would need to buy the pipe also, as it will need to be cut to size then the kinderkin size would be the one to go for?

I'm in 2 minds for this product.

Surely when you draw up your first beer from a Corny, you remove most of the yeast that has settled to the bottom?

I think we all strive for clear beer but I'm not sure this product is the answer. I would like to try it but maybe not for £50. Also redistribution costs will add a few £££. Just curious how much a single unit costs for individual shipping?

25992b344d2ee899c0ebccf03b8d359a.jpg

Just received this from Harry Mason. Fits nicely onto the gas in post, my only concern is that the pipe doesn't snag as the float drops.

Going to rig it with a keg of water and see hoe far down it goes.

I'm in 2 minds for this product.

Surely when you draw up your first beer from a Corny, you remove most of the yeast that has settled to the bottom?

I think we all strive for clear beer but I'm not sure this product is the answer. I would like to try it but maybe not for �£50. Also redistribution costs will add a few �£�£�£. Just curious how much a single unit costs for individual shipping?

I'm quite happy to have one or two cloudy beers at the start, it still tastes good. Plus another item for thorough cleaning.
Not for me I'm afraid.

also check out the cask widge red floats, and the fermentasuarus a nz pet conical which has a SS float and tube add on which would work just as well in a corny..
fwiw i have 3 x cask widge floats added to cornies..
caskwidge isnt a cheap option, but it works a treat..

the trick to avoiding the float catching on the opposite wall of the keg is to not add the float till the keg is full, pull the float while filling and drop it in when full before the lid goes on, gravity is just enough to pull the float down with the liquid level overcoming the small level of friction between float and keg wall while if filled with the float sat in the bottom gravity works against you keeping the float submerged..

Also find the natural curl of the tube and fix it in so that curl expands across the full keg width to minimise the float/keg wall friction.
cornies are smaller in diameter than the kegs and casks the system is designed for..

Back