Anyone else having problems with photobucket?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
It seems I have lost all my thread pictures due to a change in photobucket's terms of service. When I go to their site it tells me they no longer allow 3rd party hosting with a free account and that I'll have to pay $399.99/year (!!!!) to enable it. Anyone else experiencing this?

This is now what my threads look like (image hosted by imgur :lol:)
HxmULUD.png

I cannot help with your problem but if you cannot get it sorted have a look at https://postimage.io/ i do not have an account so don't know what the benefits are but i have been using the site for years with no problems, they also give you a direct link to post which a lot of the others do not unless you register.

I think @Manxnorton was having problems posting pics this morning - not sure what he was using but he posted something about 3rd party hosting being the problem. He mentioned it in his Bri's Brew day thread

I have an account with imgur, which is far better than photobucket tbh, and I can upload all my old photos to it easily enough, but the pics from my how-tos won't work without being re-linked and I can't edit them.

Stirplate how-to
Test kit how-to
Water treatment. Only one pic in this, but an important one.

I cannot give you permission to edit the original as you only get a set time to do it, the only thing i can suggest is to copy the original with the new pictures and post it at the end of the thread then let me know so i can then replace the original with the new one.

I cannot give you permission to edit the original as you only get a set time to do it, the only thing i can suggest is to copy the original with the new pictures and post it at the end of the thread then let me know so i can then replace the original with the new one.

I'll do that then, thanks :thumb:

Back