GetErBrewed Question and Answer thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F00b4r

Landlord.
Reaction score
EDIT: this has been split from the original thread I posted in by the mods so now reads a bit differently. It did stop the original thread getting polluted and attempts at burying posts by posting updates though :P

Seems they don't want my money no matter how hard I try! I enquired 10 days ago through their contact information on their website regarding an item they only had low stock of (when they would have more in etc), after three days of no reply or even acknowledgment of my query I sent a chasing email (to their published contact email) but still no acknowledgment of the email or reply to my query.
I love the fact they seem to want to bring exciting new stuff to home brewers but this is the third time out of four purchases that I have had issues with them, even worse given that I have spent about a grand and a half in those transactions (this doesn't include about another 500 quid spent by my brewing buddy on his account).
I'm now having to order from Belgium as it is a fairly niche item.

Seems they don't want my money no matter how hard I try! I enquired 10 days ago through their contact information on their website regarding an item they only had low stock of (when they would have more in etc), after three days of no reply or even acknowledgment of my query I sent a chasing email (to their published contact email) but still no acknowledgment of the email or reply to my query.
I love the fact they seem to want to bring exciting new stuff to home brewers but this is the third time out of four purchases that I have had issues with them, even worse given that I have spent about a grand and a half in those transactions (this doesn't include about another 500 quid spent by my brewing buddy on his account).
I'm now having to order from Belgium as it is a fairly niche item.

Strange as I have always had prompt replies to all contact, usually replies late at night and once on a bank holiday. Have you checked your junk box? Social media always seems the best way to contact them or thenokd fashion telephone

Strange as I have always had prompt replies to all contact, usually replies late at night and once on a bank holiday. Have you checked your junk box? Social media always seems the best way to contact them or thenokd fashion telephone

First, second and third thing I checked ;)
Their email is put down on their website as one of the main ways to contact them and I have been in contact with them via email before to sort out previous issues.
If you run a customer facing business then one of the daily (or near daily) things you should do is to check that your email and phone lines are working and I see no issues mentioned on their website.
I could phone them but after repeated poor experiences and now 10 days having passed with no response I think I will just take my custom elsewhere.

Why wait 10 days I imagine most of us would have phoned them on their free phone number as soon as we realised there was a problem.

Why wait 10 days I imagine most of us would have phoned them on their free phone number as soon as we realised there was a problem.

I didn't, after three days I contacted them again via their email [email protected] but still no reply after another seven days (now actually in the eleventh day so it's a good thing that I did not desperately need the items, although now it is starting to get to crunch time).
TBH as a (fairly large spending) customer I do not believe that I should be having to chase them repeatedly and attempt all communications methods, especially given the type of business they are. I will leave it at that but vote with my wallet as I have used other suppliers with much better experiences.

One thing that annoys me is the amount people rely on email to try and communicating instead of picking up the phone. If you had rang you would have had an answer instantly

That's ridiculous! It was a stated communication method by the company and in this case I deliberately used it as my enquiry may have required then to speak with one of their suppliers before they could give me an answer.
Also it does not effect the reasons for my previous bad experiences.

So when your first method of contact failed you decided to use the same method again and wben that failed again you still didn't ring them on a free number to give them chance to explain what went wrong, oh well they lose a customer and members reading this will know to phone rather than email.

So when your first method of contact failed you decided to use the same method again and wben that failed again you still didn't ring them on a free number to give them chance to explain what went wrong, oh well they lose a customer and members reading this will know to phone rather than email.

I have built phone and networks setups for some of the biggest companies in the world (Apple, Microsoft, Cisco and a lot of credit card companies and banks and a lot of other household names). One thing I have learnt is that if your business is selling to consumers, especially if you are reliant on third part providers, then checking your telephone/email order/information lines daily in order that you know your customers are reaching you should be a given. There was no indication on their website for the last week and a half that they have a problem with their email and the number actually is an international number for me whilst also roaming. Given all the above I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect an acknowledgement of my question, even if it means that I may have to wait for an answer because of their supplier.
Also as I have mentioned this is not the first time that I have had issues ordering from them (I even used the phone on those other times...shock horror! ;) )and although they have always been resolved in the end it has led me to usually order from elsewhere. We can into further detail if you like on them but I don't really want to derail the thread further unnecessarily.

must say that i have only had one problem so far. An email got a phone call reply
the next day:thumb:

I didn't, after three days I contacted them again via their email [email protected] but still no reply after another seven days (now actually in the eleventh day so it's a good thing that I did not desperately need the items, although now it is starting to get to crunch time).
TBH as a (fairly large spending) customer I do not believe that I should be having to chase them repeatedly and attempt all communications methods, especially given the type of business they are. I will leave it at that but vote with my wallet as I have used other suppliers with much better experiences.

I've no idea if this is the case with them or not but over here in NI land the fortnight of the 12th of July is something of a holiday time as it includes a bank holiday and it may explain the lack of response you have had, when you are a small business having staff holidays in a 24/7/365 web world could be a big problem.

I've had issue's with emails to GEB before, pick up the phone and they are great they also respond to tweets. Have to wonder if they have some sort of email black hole, we've had similar issues at work with our server blocking address's that were flagged as spam and not making it past the server.

Interesting to know on the potential holiday, although always good to flag those kind of things.
Mine is a Gmail account that had been used to communicate back and forth before so should be whitelisted if anything by any spam filter. My guess is that they are on Twitter on mobile devices throughout the day.

One thing that annoys me is the amount people rely on email to try and communicating instead of picking up the phone. If you had rang you would have had an answer instantly

To be fair i have phoned many times and never got an answer. Still waiting for the correct goods from 3 orders ago. Phone calls, emails and notes on subsequant orders did not help. Jonathon did call to apologise though but i accidently deleted the voicemail and that was that. I do like the stock they carry though so...

To be fair i have phoned many times and never got an answer. Still waiting for the correct goods from 3 orders ago. Phone calls, emails and notes on subsequant orders did not help. Jonathon did call to apologise though but i accidently deleted the voicemail and that was that. I do like the stock they carry though so...
That is not good enough:nono:.As i said i have only encountered one problem in many orders.
If i get good service i say so, if not then they would get negative remarks when they ask for thier feedback

Hi

Can you contact me via a PM with a contact number I cant locate an email from your handle on here and would be keen to resolve any issue, thanks Jonathan

Is it me or have GEB grain prices gone up a fair bit?

Prices shouldn't have went up, we have been doing alot of upgrades on our website and the odd coding issue may make a few bugs but I haven't been aware of any price increases, esp when i'm setting them :)

Have a great weekend

Jonathan

I've no idea if this is the case with them or not but over here in NI land the fortnight of the 12th of July is something of a holiday time as it includes a bank holiday and it may explain the lack of response you have had, when you are a small business having staff holidays in a 24/7/365 web world could be a big problem.

We had alot of staff holidays over the July period and Parcelforce take the public holidays here too but we have been trying our best to keep folk updated with closures etc on our social media

I hope anyone needing us hasn't had an issue getting a response

Back