Blackberry this,blackberry that

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
A bumper crop of blackberries this year,been picking for a while now and masses to come.All going into the freezer.
Nathen,wheat beer,stout or porter:),me thinks i might do a wheat beer with some of them.Did a blackberry stout last year which was pretty good so i might well repeat that one but up the fruit.
Anyone have ideas as to any other beer they could go into?
Just got to keep the missus away from them for a while,otherwise they will turn into jam!:lol:

Adding 500g of washed, frozen, then thawed berries to a pale beer in a mesh bag for a week makes for a sort of "blushing blonde" style.

A wheat beer sounds the obvious choice - half lager malt, half wheat malt.

Adding 500g of washed, frozen, then thawed berries to a pale beer in a mesh bag for a week makes for a sort of "blushing blonde" style.

A wheat beer sounds the obvious choice - half lager malt, half wheat malt.
Blushing Blonde. like the sound of that:thumb:

Brew uk do a �£15 all grain wheat beer kit that I have made, it's very tasty and would be great with a fruit edge to it, I'm going to make it again when my brew fridge is free and I will be adding orange and corrander, I will probably do it as a stepped mash just sweeten the finished beer a tad, I can imagine it working well with berry fruit

Brew uk do a ��£15 all grain wheat beer kit that I have made, it's very tasty and would be great with a fruit edge to it, I'm going to make it again when my brew fridge is free and I will be adding orange and corrander, I will probably do it as a stepped mash just sweeten the finished beer a tad, I can imagine it working well with berry fruit
have done various wheat beers,one with kiwi fruit,so may well do another withthe blackberries at some stage.

Brew uk do a ��£15 all grain wheat beer kit that I have made, it's very tasty and would be great with a fruit edge to it, I'm going to make it again when my brew fridge is free and I will be adding orange and corrander, I will probably do it as a stepped mash just sweeten the finished beer a tad, I can imagine it working well with berry fruit

I tried adding raspberries to a wheat beer in secondary and was very tart. Should i of added it in primary?

I tried adding raspberries to a wheat beer in secondary and was very tart. Should i of added it in primary?
Maybe try a step mash that finishs at the higher temperature of 69-70C, it should give you a sweeter brew and offset the tartness of the sharp fruit

Back