ale cid

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my extract no-boil recipe: comments most welcome :grin:

2kg extra light dme
500g dwe
9 litres 100% pure apple juice from concentrate
1 packet of mangrove jacks cider yeast.
A few ml of 6% isomerised hop extract for bitterness without boiling.
topped up to 22 litres.

It should take about 30 mins to mix it all up and sterilise.

what do you think?

Like ready made snakebite? Don't think I fancy trying it, but if that's what floats your boat!

I don't like the sound of it but am interested it what it comes out like. Have you done a no boil extract brew before? If so how did that turn out?

I don't like the sound of it but am interested it what it comes out like. Have you done a no boil extract brew before? If so how did that turn out?

I've always had to boil some hops for bitterness in a couple of litres so no. but if you bought hopped dme that could absolutely be a no-boil. :thumb: I may have to boil a kettle full of chase spring bottled water to get it UP to pitching temp. :shock:

You can get isomerised hop oils for bittering I was/am following a thread in another forum about it but noone came back to say they tried it.
see http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77645 . Also I did try the bittering extract in a beer that came out under bittered and it works great even adding after fermentation.

I'm ahead of you there I have a bottle of this...

https://www.brouwland.com/en/our-pr...d/hop-extract-isomerised-6-100ml#.WXyOmIjyu70

The smaller one with the white cap. :smile:

It finished at 1011 which surprised me, but it's still a healthy 6.5% ish beverage.

I tried it before adding the bittering and I liked it, not full on cider, but apple in character. My son reckoned 'bucks fizz' :lol: I have a feeling my girls are going to nuts over this.

update.

7ml of bittering hop extract added to give 19.5 ibu.

great afer a week in the bottle. A hit with the family. - job done! - mango version for me next time :-)

Latest posts

Back