Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Complete and Brewed Recipes > English Ordinary Bitter Brakspear bitter

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #11
chub1

Liked 690 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyQul View Post
That'll be it then. Whilst I'm happy to drink bitters made with dried yeast (and I love the convenience), the bitters I've made with cultured up strains are far superior to the bitters I've made with dried yeast (It's definately the yeast, as I have a bitter reciepe that I use across the board).
If you regularly make bitter, it's definatley worth culturing up some 'proper' bitter yeast
Thanks
Will probably give them a miss from here on in.Not sure if i can be a###d to get into culturing!.
Think i will stick to my proven beers.Just had feedback on a Mango Pale which has gone down really well
Nathen, who wants 12 bottles of so so bitter
MyQul Likes This