Stout suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer3419

Reaction score
Went to wilco today and picked up a can of coopers stout in the bargain bin (£5!!) and im up for trying something different. Ive got a stout fermenting with some muscovado sugar.

I know vanilla is a good shout, but i wanted to try something completely mad!

Any ideas?

Throw ten whole Birdseye Chillies into the FV. (I used six in a Cerveza and it could have done with a few more.)

Also, how about adding a tablespoonful of All Spice as well?

I've tried both (but not together) and they made nice drinks.

The combination may be terrible OR it may make it a great winter drink, especially around Christmas time! :thumb:

I've always fancied adding some "camp coffee" to a stout.. Bring back memories of sniffing me dads work thermos!!
And its definitely time to be getting the stouts and porters on the go..

I've always fancied adding some "camp coffee" to a stout.. Bring back memories of sniffing me dads work thermos!!

That brings back memories of my grandparents. They drank that.

Has anyone put vanilla in a stout? I asked about this in the healthfood store
I buy my homebrew supplies in the other day. He had some pods that he said I could have and that was the last packet. He said the price has been going up and he was probably not going to stock it. We agreed we should have been investing in Vanillas futures.

My God that brought back some memories!

I just had to Google it and "YAY!" discovered that it's still on sale! :thumb: :thumb:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/default.aspx?id=254889872

Now all I have to do is:

o To persuade SWMBO that it's delicious when made with evaporated milk! :thumb:

o Hope that they haven't brought out a "new and improved" version! :whistle:

Back