Good sauvignon blanc kit recommendation please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tms5735

Reaction score
(Note to admin. I posted this in review section originally by mistake. Please feel free to delete my original post).

I'm thinking of doing a wine kit for my next brew. I am not a wine drinker myself but I want something that will be good enough quality to give my mum for a Christmas present. Also needs to be a 30 bottle kit

She drinks sauvignon blanc.

I have been looking on the web and the Wineworks superior sauvignon blanc kit seems to get good reviews.

I have also heard good things about the Winexpert, Kenridge and California Connoisseur kits.

Has anyone tried any of these kits or can anyone recommend a kit that my lucky mum will be happy to drink when she receives it at Christmas.

Thanks

We drink quite a lot of white wines including pinot grigio, chardonnay etc. In my opinion wines kits in the £28 to £30 bracket produce very acceptable wines. I think if i were going to do for a gift I would probably go to the Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc as they always seem to produce good quality whites. If I do reds the minimum i will spend is £45 to £50 as anything else produces a thin wine which i don't like and i have tried a few. The rule of thumb flying around most sites is the more you spend the more juice you get and the better the quality. I should add that for us white wines are for every day quaffing and i haven't really had a bad one yet...Not definitive but hope my thoughts help.

Finished a Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc kit a few weeks ago and its not bad for the price. Also did a Kenridge kit in the past an that was excellent but a little more costly than Beaverdale.

Another vote for beaverdale. After 10 months my wife could not identify it in blind test with comercial wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just finished a youngs Sauvignon Blanc 6 bottle brewing buddy.

I'm very impressed with the kit, I brewed it slightly short and added an extra 100g of brewing sugar (I couldn't find our scales so dumped the whole bag in), took about 9 days in total. It was more fiddly than the beer kits I've done recently, but the instructions were easy to follow. All the bits inside were handy too, came with a hydrometer two buckets etc.

I'm not a wine expert, but I found it had a great flavour and mouth feel. It was quite strong though (14.1%).

I think Wilco's sell it at about £25, but my local brewing shop had it on sale for £10 so I was very happy all in all.

Hi!
The Winebuddy Sav Blanc, although at the "budget" end of the market, produces a very acceptable wine that SWMBO is very impressed with.

I second that, i have always said if you regularly drink expensive Sav Blanc you may not find it to your liking but we both like it and it works out at at 80 pence a bottle.

Back