Liquid calcium chloride

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrGero

Reaction score
I hava a question regarding liquid calcium chloride from Brewfeam. It says 33% on the label! How do I conver from gram to ml? Is it 1 / 1 or 1 / 3. Lets say I want to add 2 grams to my water, should I use 2 ml og 6 ml?

You would be better off weighing it rather than measuring volume, that way you can just use 3 times as much by weight. So if you wanted to add 0.2g/L calcium chloride, you would add 0.6g/L of the liquid solution.

Checked the spec sheet for the product as a percentage concentration is completely meaningless without additional info.

Calcium chloride content : > 33% (w/w) / > 430 g/l

This works out to 0.43 g/ml or 2.33 ml per gram of salt, which after checking works out the same as Steve's method above. :oops:

Might be obvious but please be careful with the brine, that's a similar strength to the stuff we use on the rigs and it's really nasty (although the MSDS doesn't make it sound so bad) brine can burn skin and do very nasty things to eyes, calcium chloride might be a milder one.

Latest posts

Back