Home Brew Competition - October 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As discussed recently, the competition is changing a little with only 4 broad categories (American Pale Ales, Dark Beers, Freestyle and British Pales, Bitters & Milds) with an additional "seasonal" competition every three months. You can see the discussion here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=72551.

October is the seond month of the new schedule so the category is Dark Beers so that includes Stouts, Porters, Dark Milds, BIPAs etc. If you're not sure if your beer fits the category just ask the judge for the month, it'll be their decision to accept or not.

The judge is @Hoddy assuming you're happy with this new category?

If you'd like to enter please send a PM to the judge who will provide you with a delivery address. Entries must reach the judge by Tuesday 31st October and feedback will be provided by PM within a few weeks. The winner will be announced on this thread.

For details of what details needs to be provided with your entry and competition rules please look at this thread: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64349

I'm really hoping I can enter in this month, I have a few dark beers I'm proud of

Bottling an oatmeal stout tonight which I will enter. May be a little early for it but we shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh I’ve just found this. Yes as I was down in the “old” format but I’m still happy to judge this one.

PM me and I’ll send you my address. If I’m lucky I might even be able to do the judging from my new brew shed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been asked this a few times. And yes as long as your happy that you can class it as “dark” then it’s in.

And as the judge that’s the way I’m playing it.

Never entered a competition before but I like the look of the new format and have a dark mild just about ready so hoping for some constructive feedback. Will pm Hoddy now.

My Cali Common has come out much darker than anticipated, so I may enter it 2 months in a row.

So one entry has been received so far. Don’t be afraid to enter your beers into the first reformatted comp.

Come on. You know you want to [emoji482]

So one entry has been received so far. Don’t be afraid to enter your beers into the first reformatted comp.

Come on. You know you want to [emoji482]

That must be mine. I'm currently in first place then, probably won't last.

Following my recent success in the September comp I would like to put a prize up for this competition.

So, if there is no objection, I would love to send the winner a 100g pack of Riwaka hops.

Good luck :thumb:

That would be very kind [emoji1303]

Come on then people. We have a prize at stake!!!

Back