Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Brewdays! > First time cider

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 30-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #11
jojorose

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was in the homebrew shop and i overheard the owner talking to a bloke about his first time brew of cider. I took his advice and brewed my second lot in the fermenter and i racked it into another fermenter then into the demijohn. The shop owner said to his customer that you dont need to be as sterile with your cider as you do with your beer so whilst i washed everything out i didnt steralise everything. Anyway bottled the last lot into lidl spring water bottles today and it actually tastes nice!!!!! I made a lot of mistakes for my first batch but it looks like its going to be ok. Next year i will be more organised. I got two buckets of crab apples making 9 x 1.5 ltr bottles.
Drunk: Geordie Yorkshire Bitter. Tom Caxtons Best Bitter, BlackCherry Youngs wine kit
freester Likes This