No Chill Cube

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 25l container, never used it yet, will it be ok to make a brew on Friday and leave it in until Monday to add to fermenter and yeast?
Thanks
I assume it's food grade and seals,if so drain the hot wort straight into the sanitised container,put on the lid and give it a shake with the lid on and leave until your ready.Ive kept one for three weeks with no issues.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I have a 25l container, never used it yet, will it be ok to make a brew on Friday and leave it in until Monday to add to fermenter and yeast?
Thanks

Square cubes are fine, be careful if its a Jerry can shape, they have a habit of distorting when the hot wort starts going in and falling over.

go for it, the cold break should still occur but it will result in a much finer deposit, so if you have a cold stone/concrete floor to sit it on that should help the cold break drop out asap.. might be worth leaving a day or two extra perhaps even upto a week to let it drop out entirely so you can rack off it into a fresh FV

Its this type

IMG_1208.jpg

That looks OK I use the heavy duty HDPE chemical containers, don't put it in to hot you will get leaching, I put mine in between 70 and 80 degrees C.

Plenty of people leave the wort in the boiler overnight, I have done it a couple of times, but you will have to put your hot wort into the cube while it is still no cooler than 70 degrees C.

that 'cube' looks identical to the type i have used. pour in the hot wort and seal the cube before 'rolling' it (thats ensuring the hot liquor coats every surface in the cube to pasturise it.. the cube WILL BALLOON OUT as water vapour increases the internal pressure ITS NORMAL RELAX!! And when cool the cube will be deformed slightly as all the vapour that was ballooning it condenses back into a fluid and sucks in the cube, again PERFECTLY NORMAL....
just dont do what i did, waste time marking accurate volume grades on the cube as 1 x no chill will stretch n suck the cube resulting in any grade marks being less accurate than any found on a printed brewbucket DOH!!

enjoy..

that 'cube' looks identical to the type i have used. pour in the hot wort and seal the cube before 'rolling' it (thats ensuring the hot liquor coats every surface in the cube to pasturise it.. the cube WILL BALLOON OUT as water vapour increases the internal pressure ITS NORMAL RELAX!! And when cool the cube will be deformed slightly as all the vapour that was ballooning it condenses back into a fluid and sucks in the cube, again PERFECTLY NORMAL....
just dont do what i did, waste time marking accurate volume grades on the cube as 1 x no chill will stretch n suck the cube resulting in any grade marks being less accurate than any found on a printed brewbucket DOH!!

enjoy..

I have exactly the same cube and so as stated above. Let it cool slightly in the boiler then put in the cube hot to sterilise. I leave mine overnight to cool never had any issues so I guess one it's in there a few days or a week won't make a difference.

In the home brew army that is defiantly 'above & beyond' the call of duty, well worth a mention in dispatches, or is the beer in the local pub (if there is one) that bad :lol:
Cheers

In the home brew army that is defiantly 'above & beyond' the call of duty, well worth a mention in dispatches, or is the beer in the local pub (if there is one) that bad :lol:
Cheers

It's pretty ****,they ferment at 25 degrees for three days and serve it flat.
My caravan park had no idea I was stealing the neighbours power for my Burco boiler 👍

Back