Crimewatch axed by BBC after 33 years

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When i read the headline i was a bit shocked then thought when was the last time i watched it and i cannot remember, i have a feeling the "innovative programmes" will be more **** that doesn't interest me.

Three episodes have aired this year - in February and March - watched by an average of almost three million viewers. That is down from 14 million who watched at its peak.

This move will also allow us to create room for new innovative programmes in peak time on BBC One." Daytime show Crimewatch Roadshow will continue.

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41648972

14m viewers at its peak? Aye, when there was 4 channels to choose from

They will probably replace it with some reality tv cr@p where they follow some people around and film what they get up to........

I have not seen any Innovative Programmes on TV for a very long time. Hence the reason for not wasting my time sat vegetating in front of the box...

They will probably replace it with some reality tv cr@p where they follow some people around and film what they get up to........

I have not seen any Innovative Programmes on TV for a very long time. Hence the reason for not wasting my time sat vegetating in front of the box...
God! Am I so pi$$ed off with the amount of cheap to make reality TV shows these days,I no longer watch TV because of them and most nights just listen to the internet radio stations

Interestingly, the announcement came on the same day that it was admitted that the police have essentially given up on investigating burglaries and similar offences...

Make a statement on Facebook or Twitter that might indicate intolerance toward those who are dealing drugs, committing burglaries or gang raping girls in northern towns though and the boys in blue will kick your door in..

Probably worried it might effect 'community cohesion'
I notice in general that police fall over themselves not to give a useful description of criminals they are looking for, it's pathetic really.

One of the dark ironies of modern life (and indeed crimewatch), was the murder of Jill Dando. Murdered, then headlining the very programme, about crimes and murder, that may have lead to her murder because she presented it :-?

God! Am I so pi$$ed off with the amount of cheap to make reality TV shows these days,I no longer watch TV because of them and most nights just listen to the internet radio stations
:nono:c'mon,X factor aint THAT bad:whistle::lol:

Currently don't have any TV signal (not really sure why) but to be honest don't really miss it. Watch a lot of good stuff on Netflix, anything I want to watch can be watched online and have BT sport on my phone so can watch sport.

Currently don't have any TV signal (not really sure why) but to be honest don't really miss it. Watch a lot of good stuff on Netflix, anything I want to watch can be watched online and have BT sport on my phone so can watch sport.

I bought one of these recently as my TV in the kitchens picture was constantly breaking up on clear days (i believe its something to do with atmospherics) a great bit of kit and it works a treat.

I use it mainly for iplayer and youtube i do not have netflix.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOOGLE-CH...351808&hash=item4b1abd7d09:g:ucMAAOSw~rpZU9ia

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obBVoZFPb3o[/ame]

Currently don't have any TV signal (not really sure why) but to be honest don't really miss it.

I find I watch fairly little telly now. The only programmes on at the moment that I make a point of sitting down to watch each week are:

Have I Got News For You
Only Connect
W1A

Oh, and the weekly Top Of The Pops re-runs on BBC4, of course. :party:

I'm also watching Great British Bake Off, but that's mainly because my wife insists on watching while we're having tea. I probably wouldn't bother otherwise.

Bake off and Masterchef are the only programmes I try and tune in to.

There are some good programmes being made (not sure if anyone saw Quacks...) but with catch up TV, live TV just isn't worth it anymore.

Bake off and Masterchef are the only programmes I try and tune in to.

There are some good programmes being made (not sure if anyone saw Quacks...) but with catch up TV, live TV just isn't worth it anymore.

I record everything we watch as we both work odd hours then we watch whatever we want when we want and advert free which is the big plus over catch up for me, happy days.

We do like Masterchef and the more lighthearted antique shows like road trip, Dickinsons real deal and flog it.

Sounds like there are a lot of people who could easily live without a TV licence. I've not had one for 7 years and don't miss it.

Sounds like there are a lot of people who could easily live without a TV licence. I've not had one for 7 years and don't miss it.

Yup. Not sure the cost of TV licence now, I guess about £10/month, same as netflix. Never even plugged my tv into an aerial, I watch a few episodes of decent tv shows and a movie each week on Netflix, otherwise cant be bothered with tv now. The cr@p on telly now is definitely not worth the cost of the tv licence.

Yup. Not sure the cost of TV licence now, I guess about �£10/month, same as netflix. Never even plugged my tv into an aerial, I watch a few episodes of decent tv shows and a movie each week on Netflix, otherwise cant be bothered with tv now. The cr@p on telly now is definitely not worth the cost of the tv licence.

Although I don't watch a lot of TV, the kids do.

The bizarre thing is I listen to a lot of BBC radio. Radio 2, Radio 4, Radio 5 Live, Radio 4 Extra, Radio 6 Music. And would happily pay for a Radio licence as an alternative to a TV licence.

I've given up on the BBC altogether. Sod-all on their teevee offerings, even the news is ****. Our radios are tuned into Planet Rock. Why do I have to pay for a license? Is there any way round this without changing my set up? Wonder if Virgin could block all BBC channels thus rendering me exempt...

One of the problems that the BBC faces is that they are now expected to fill several TV channels 24/7 plus radio channels plus internet services, all from the proceeds of the TV licence (although some will argue that's more than enough at about £3.7 bn). High quality TV productions are expensive, and that means the rest of the time is filled with repeats and poor stuff (and we can all nominate many that fit into that category). The BBC has also been under much pressure to operate within its income without a hefty increase in the licence fee which has remained £145 since 2010.
So the choices are obvious, continue with BBC funding through a licence fee and put up with what we get, or wholly or part fund the BBC by subscription, or allow advertising. Personally I rarely watch the commercial channels since in my view the programmes are worse than the BBC and the adverts, if watching live, can be irritating although of course they are essential. And I have never had Sky, mainly because I consider £10s per month to be too much for my TV viewing.
So reluctantly my choice is to leave things as they are.

I've given up on the BBC altogether. Sod-all on their teevee offerings, even the news is ****. Our radios are tuned into Planet Rock. Why do I have to pay for a license? Is there any way round this without changing my set up? Wonder if Virgin could block all BBC channels thus rendering me exempt...

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to:
watch or record live TV programmes on any channel
download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

If you arent watching any of these then no need for a licence, dont see why you would need to block them unless worried about kids watching these channels. I have BBC iplayer already installed on my TV (cant uninstall) but never use it.
£147 a year! thats around 10 AG brews, or 230L of good beer. I know which I choose ;-)

Latest posts

Back