Possibly daft question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taff

Reaction score
Has anyone made a cider infused with gorse flowers?

Just asking, for a mate like....

Coconut cider?
Nope.
Sounds frightful but I doubt much if any of the flavour would survive fermentation.
Could make an interesting vodka infusion though - especially if that beautiful yellow/orange colour is stable.
I may give it a go in the spring.

No daft questions on this forum mate, all are valid.

iirc @CWRW666 regularly makes heather ale which I'm guessing uses the flowers (rather than any other part of the plant). Perhaps he could give you some tips as there may be some sort of cross over in methodology between heather ale and gorse cider?

Definitely NOT a daft question (there's no such thing)!

Just type "gorse" into the Search section above and you will be inundated with recipes using gorse flowers. Unfortunately they all seem to be for wine!

Enjoy. I love experimenting so my advice is "Go for it!"

Personally, I use either a Wilco Cerveza or a Wilco Pilsner kit as a base. That way I know that the beer starts off mild and it can carry a new flavour. At the moment I have a Pumpkin Ale "glubbing" away in the garage. :thumb:

Many thanks to all for the sound advice, and total absence of urine extraction.

It was, as ever, just a bit of idle whimsy which will have to await my return to Blighty to experiment with.

Latest posts

Back