Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > TheHomeBrewForum.co.uk Forums > Introduce Yourself > Back After A Long Time Away

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 18-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
aneray

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Back After A Long Time Away

Evening ladies and gents, Neil here from Cornwall.

Been a long time since I have used the forum, must be 4 years at least since I was a regular user. Have lurked on occasion but life and kids got in the way and winemaking came to a virtual standstill.

Never got rid of my equipment, been there, done that, it gets expensive to start again from nothing. I see nothing has really changed on the brewing scene over the last few years, apart from the widely available yeast strains now easily obtainable.

Won't be brewing a lot but I have a few recipes planned, starting with a blackberry and elderberry Port which will hopefully be started tomorrow.

Looking at the long term I really want to have a go at making a homemade Sherry 'Solera', where batches of a homemade Sherry type wine are made and blended over time with similar of a different age. Also want to get into making sparkling wines the proper way, just like the way Champagne is made. The two above recipes are in a book with very detailed instructions that I must have read at least 50 times over the last few years !,

Anyway, that's enough about me. Its good to see lots of new faces and also lots of old ones as well. Be good to catch up soon.

Cheers

Neil

Old 19-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
MyQul
Chairman of the Bored
THBF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4405 Times on 3335 Posts
Likes Given: 4628

Welcome back

"For a quart of ale is a dish for a king" - William Shakespeare

Old 19-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #3
Chippy_Tea
THBF_ADMIN.png

Liked 3731 Times on 2946 Posts
Likes Given: 4495

Welcome back

I have add you to the forum map. https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2290525#

Forum Member Map - if you would like to be added please visit this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=67013

Old 30-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
Gerryjo

Liked 747 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 315

Hi and welcome back......