2 Litre Erlenmeyer Flask

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beersort

Reaction score
Stepping up to yeast starters soon. Where would you guys recommend picking one of these up from online?

I bought one on eBay from a seller called mese-ltd. £18 delivered, came quickly and very well packaged.

get the biggest you can afford if your making starters with overbuild, I got the 3L and wish i'd got the 5L tbh. Also got mine from mese-ltd, first arrived with a huge bubble in the base. After photos they sent a replacement out and told me to keep the first one as well. Very good company

Not great when it goes everywhere xD

19396984_10158890701420506_5993024397253786671_n.jpg

Many thanks for all the suggestions - think I'll look into something a little bigger than 2 litres!

Now I'm not an expert on this (as I use a demijon for my starters because I dont use a stir plate) but I seem to remember previous posts about flask made from brosilicate glass and/or duran flask which do the same as an Erlenmeyer flask at the fraction of the price

Now I'm not an expert on this (as I use a demijon for my starters because I dont use a stir plate) but I seem to remember previous posts about flask made from brosilicate glass and/or duran flask which do the same as an Erlenmeyer flask at the fraction of the price

I'm no expert either but I think this is a mix up of terms. Duran is a brand name of borosilicate glass, erlenmeyer is just the general name for a conical type lab flask usually (but not always) made from brosilicate glass.

I'm no expert either but I think this is a mix up of terms. Duran is a brand name of borosilicate glass, erlenmeyer is just the general name for a conical type lab flask usually (but not always) made from brosilicate glass.

Ah, I see. I think I have everything mixed up from half remembered post from the past

I bought my 2L flask from Cream Supplies �£9.59 (incl VAT) and shipping is another �£4.19. Don't know how the quality compares to others but I have no complaints.

I bought my 2L flask from Cream Supplies £9.59 (incl VAT) and shipping is another £4.19. Don't know how the quality compares to others but I have no complaints.
I bought from them too - and no complaints either.

I was looking at bigger flasks, but it is always a massive price step up for flasks bigger than 2L. And trying to carry 3-4 kilos of slippery glass put me off. So I bought 2x2L flasks and cobbled together a second stir-plate - far less traumatic.

Stir plates can struggle with a full 2L flask (I'm using 100mm computer fans to do the turning), so having a 3 or 4L flask might be troublesome.

I bought my 2L flask from Cream Supplies ��£9.59 (incl VAT) and shipping is another ��£4.19. Don't know how the quality compares to others but I have no complaints.

I've got the same flask from Cream supplies - mines been fine, heated directly on a halogen electric hob top then plunged into cold water to cool.

Wish they did bigger as per other comments but think 2l is as big as cream supplies go. Good price though

Latest posts

Back