Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > Anyone purchased a fermentasaurus?

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:28 AM   #21
dan125
BIAB brewer

Liked 381 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddy View Post
My view is I won’t carb in the tank. I personally don’t see the point in carb in tank as that’s what I have kegs for.

Like you say tiring up the brew fridge and tank for a few months to dispense from would be a pain. I like at least 4 beers on tap at once

But being able to pressurise it to 1.5bar for transfer to keg is the real big one. That and being able to remove yeast and trub. And being able to see what’s going on makes it a winner in my book.

So Brewuk have them in stock with free delivery........
I think they are a fiver less at Angel homebrew...

DRINKING:
Table Beer V3

Old 06-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #22
dan125
BIAB brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddy View Post

And yes with all of the oxidisation issue experiments we’ve been doing with NEIPA I reckon being able to do a pressurised transfer to keg would be epic.
This is what got me looking at them.
They look like they're big enough for 25L+ batches, so there would be a few bottles to fill as well as a corny - to do this under pressure I'm guessing you'd need a proper beer gun??

I gonna have another go at the NEIPA next and have all the bits on the way to cobble together a very basic means of co2 flushing the bottles before filling. Will be interesting to see if it helps.

DRINKING:
Table Beer V3

Old 06-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #23
Hoddy

Liked 364 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan125 View Post
This is what got me looking at them.
They look like they're big enough for 25L+ batches, so there would be a few bottles to fill as well as a corny - to do this under pressure I'm guessing you'd need a proper beer gun??

I gonna have another go at the NEIPA next and have all the bits on the way to cobble together a very basic means of co2 flushing the bottles before filling. Will be interesting to see if it helps.

That is exactly one of my other reasons too.

Although what I’m thinking is I’m going to part fill a second cornie when I do big batches. Then I’m going to get a bottle gun and fill bottles from that second cornie (prob called my bottle cornie) at my leisure rather than try and do it on a kegging day

I have to many kegs so I should be able to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatever is ready

Follow me and see what i am up to on my YouTube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOv...dj5fHWB7nwO1ow

Tips, Tricks and general ramblings on everything to do with home brewing.

Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #24
Hoddy

Just ordered my a fermentasaurus from the Maltmiller.

They’ve just got a new delivery and they are now selling them for £90 each.

A conical home brew vessel with all that functionality and flexibility for £90. Don’t mind if I do.

Whatever is ready

Follow me and see what i am up to on my YouTube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOv...dj5fHWB7nwO1ow

Old Today, 06:59 AM   #25
dan125
BIAB brewer

At that price I'm getting a very twitchy trigger finger - if only they had spunding valves back in aswell so I could get the whole lot in one hit.
I might have to splash out on the fancy stainless disconnects for the pressure lid as my headroom will be so tight.

DRINKING:
Table Beer V3

Old Today, 07:55 AM   #26
Hoddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan125 View Post
At that price I'm getting a very twitchy trigger finger - if only they had spunding valves back in aswell so I could get the whole lot in one hit.
I might have to splash out on the fancy stainless disconnects for the pressure lid as my headroom will be so tight.

I got a sounding valve here on Ebay 321957752934 by far the cheapest one I found.

It’s a surprise that they have dropped the price like that. But I’m not complaining

It must be fair to say that the only reason I’m getting mine for the malt miller is because Im actually visiting a client next door them. So I thought why not 🤙🏻

And yes, I did go for the pressure lid too.

Planned a new recipe to bash a brew into it on Monday/Tuesday next week.

Whatever is ready