Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > Fridges For Kegerator

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
Gazz

Default Fridges For Kegerator

Hello,

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong section

I'm looking to upgrade my pressure barrel setup to a corny keg setup and the fridge I'm after has to be able to be:-

The large upright type of fridge

Be able to fit 3 to 5 kegs in plus a gas cylinder

Have head room to store cans and bottles

If there's a pinned post where people have posted what fridge/freezer they have used to make a kegerator/keezer with all the info on how many kegs they fit in / model no. Etc...

Can someone post the link to it please

Cheers gaz

Old 06-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
Gazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Hello,

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong section

I'm looking to upgrade my pressure barrel setup to a corny keg setup and the fridge I'm after has to be able to be:-

The large upright type of fridge

Be able to fit 3 to 5 kegs in plus a gas cylinder

Have head room to store cans and bottles

If there's a pinned post where people have posted what fridge/freezer they have used to make a kegerator/keezer with all the info on how many kegs they fit in / model no. Etc...

Can someone post the link to it please

Cheers gaz
Anyone got any advice thanks?

Old 06-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
sdt7618

Liked 183 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 370

Hi Gazz,
Do not think there is a sticky with fridge types, the problem your going to encounter is getting the 3 kegs in, most will take two easily but 3 and the gas bottle will be a push.

I have a tall larder freezer that I use as a brew fridge I would possibly get 4 kegs in, pop the gas outside with a line into the freezer. its a hotpoint one.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
MarkBowie

Liked 73 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Most people look on gumtree or EBay (other sites are available) and google internal dimensions. Failing that go in store and find one that would work then go and find something similar.

Fermenting:

Conditioning: Brewferm Christmas Dark Belgian (with Christmas dried fruit).

Drinking: Black Rock Riwaka Pale (with Mango).

Old 06-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #5
Fil

Liked 868 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 26

if you can avoid it dont keep the co2 in the fridge, the higher moisture level (humidity) will not be a good environment for regulators and enlarging the drain hole if neccessary is a simple way of breaching the fridge walls with zero risk of damage..

a handy trick (not my idea) is to cut disks of card the diameter of a corny and tesselate them inside fridges in a show room if your prepared to pay full price for the perfect model.

when considering keg height Dont forget the overhead requiered by the disconnects and beer/gasline that attach too give yourself 3-4" on top too

Old 06-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
m_rawdin

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I got a 2nd hand 6ft Samsung fridge freezer which is perfect. The fridge section is bigger than the freezer section so there's room for 3 kegs and a shelf at the top to store my hops and yeast. I store my CO2 cylinder outside the fridge, mainly cuz it's tall and heavy!
Attached Thumbnails
20170817_134555.jpg   20170817_165107.jpg