Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > Keg spear seal suppliers

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
Ali

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default Keg spear seal suppliers

Evening all.

Just wondered if anyone knows where I can get spare seals for the spears on my crusader kegs? Losing gas, and having tightened/replaced everything else, this is the last thing I can think of as to where the gas could be escaping.TIA.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #2
mozza

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Evening all.

Just wondered if anyone knows where I can get spare seals for the spears on my crusader kegs? Losing gas, and having tightened/replaced everything else, this is the last thing I can think of as to where the gas could be escaping.TIA.

The seals on the spears are really heavy duty, are you sure they've perished? BrewUK are the only supplier on the homebrew market so they should be able to get them from crusader I've been thinking of buying some to keep as spares so let us know if you manage to get some

Mozza

Old 06-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
Fil

Liked 871 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 26

a temporary fix may be applied with a roll of ptfe tape. wrap the old seal through the seals 'eye' round n round overlapping with each wrap.