change in flavour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matnose17

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm brewing the same IPA recipe for 4 years now. But since my last 2 batches there is a change in flavour.
The only thing that i have changed is a solenoid valve in the brewing system. But it's just valve made of nylon. Do you think the new valve can change the flavour of the beer?
The valve is replaced is this one: https://tameson.co.uk/solenoid-valve...10bar-nbr.html

Do you think that i also should contact my hop supplier maybe he changed deliverd hop from an other farm or something?

Thank you in advance

Have you checked the alpha acids on the hops? Different harvests produce hops with different percentages, making it necessary to adapt quantity used. I also understand that flavour can vary amongst harvests too, with some harvests tasting better than others. Same with any natural product really.

I already found the problem. I used a solenoid valve with the wrong rubber. This kind of rubber doesn't go well with alcohol

Back