100 Years since Anglo/Irish Treaty

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brianbrewed

Landlord.
Reaction score
For any History buff, yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the Anglo/Irish treaty, which ended the Irish War of Independce.
Some of the little known figures involved in negotiations were; Winston Churschill, Lloyd George and Michael Collins.
Short explainer video;

Was on a day trip to Dublin today with my class.
Managed to slip away with another Instructor to have a look at the treaty (it's currently being displayed in Dublin Castle).
Was pretty cool seeng the signatures of Michael Collins, Arthur Griffith, Lloyd George & Winston Churchill.

For any History buff, yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the Anglo/Irish treaty, which ended the Irish War of Independce.
Some of the little known figures involved in negotiations were; Winston Churschill, Lloyd George and Michael Collins.
Short explainer video;

I have have been watching and reading a lot on line recently. Have you any other links that I could view 👍

I have have been watching and reading a lot on line recently. Have you any other links that I could view 👍
Diarmaid Ferriter is a pretty good historian. Here's an interview with him talking about the treaty.

Latest posts

Back