25KG Liquid Malt Extract - Out of Stock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Lander

Reaction score
My regular brewing habit uses LME. Purists might scoff, but I like it, and that is what counts. Typically I buy 25kg of Muntons Malt Extract, and work it through ~ 10 brews, and it lasts for around 1 year. Now getting down to the last brew's worth of syrup, I was thinking of re-stocking, to take me into 2024. It produces drinkable beer and it easy to use, doesn't need the kit that I have not got for grain boiling.

I am also drawn to the economy of using this bulk supply. April 2022 it was £72 inc VAT, making it £2.88/kg, which compares with £10+ per 1.5kg tin = £6.66/kg, nearly 3 times more.

As hard as I try, I can't find any supplies of 25KG LME. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place ? Maybe there is some weird market effect from Ukraine/Brexit/etc ?

Any hints for sources ? Anyone suffering the same ?

Thanks for the advice Tom. Sleepy me checking the link later, finding no stock here either. Maybe I need to graduate from LME to a malted grain boiling operation.

Hi Tom, yes, your eyes are working better than mine. I see the Ballihoo 15kg in stock, and so this looks like the best option. Thanks !

Latest posts

Back