A E B Cornelius style Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could never justify £115 for a 19L keg, im sure you can get two second hand ones from the classifieds for that price, or alternatives being sankey pub style kegs.

I don't trust the classifieds all that much, yes i might get a bargain and i might get 2 for the same price but i might also get a knackered one that's 20-30 years old that i cant return. I only really need 1 as im new to this and don't know what im doing id rather pay for a new one and know i have a guarantee and the quality that comes with a new purchase. :-)

mattpullin said:
I don't trust the classifieds all that much, yes i might get a bargain and i might get 2 for the same price but i might also get a knackered one that's 20-30 years old that i cant return. I only really need 1 as im new to this and don't know what im doing id rather pay for a new one and know i have a guarantee and the quality that comes with a new purchase. :-)
You can't go far wrong buying off reputable members off this forum :thumb:

Ordinarily it would be my first port of call but im using love2choose vouchers. Im limited to amazon and ebay unless the reputable members accept £100 worth of vouchers :D

Norm is a very well known supplier, and good prices. I came close to buying from Norm but in the end went for a deal with taps pre-fitted to the rubber. Was a close call though.

In respect to what you need, as a minimum:
- CO2 tank
- CO2 regulator (hopefully with high pressure line for connection to CO2 tank, and a push-fit for CO2 out).
- gas line (from regulator to keg)
- beer line
- tap

See my set-up here...[/url]http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=45061[/url]

And full itemised listing here...[/url]http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50079[/url]

P.S. I don't know how to do links, si it'll probably go wrong.

The members on here are yoir best shot! :) failing that the home brew shop has refurbed ones for 50 quid :)

If you do want to buy off Norm, send him an email and he'll do you a cheaper price for not going via eBay. Wouldn't normally do this but he is trusted by members of this forum. I bought a beer engine this way and it all went well. He is a member of this forum.

Cheers guys, looks like ill have to use the vouchers for something else :-)

As all ways great advice on here!

Oh yeh, if your interested check this out
http://issuu.com/danspeed/docs/nfm127-web
I did a Brew Day at Wharf Bank Brewery a few weeks back, article starts at page 21. Got to help brew a beer for the Leeds Beer Festival. Apart from the festival, its also going to be available in some of the pubs around Leeds. Im the geezer on the right in the shot next to the mash tun. i could not help the big grin i was like a kid in a sweet shop!!!

Matt

I have seen on Ebay AEB kegs and fitted with a S30 valve for around the same price then all you need is a tap system. Which you can get quite easy if you know we're to look.

Dave

Latest posts

Back