A saga...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in February 2022 after another failed washing machine,armed with a partial divvy up from British Gas,Mrs Clint and I went to Currys and splashed out on a shiny new LG for the best part of £600.
It sat resplendent in our kitchen doing a fine job for about a year then decided to leak....a lot!
Having come with a " five year warranty " I requested a repair through the LG website,a chap attended and found a screw which matched the small silvery ones that hold it all together, had punctured the drum. New parts ordered and repair done in about a week. Normal service resumed.
Fast forward to June this year....the appliance has sprung another leak. So repair requested....and here's where it'll goes up the proverbial sh1te creek without a paddle. Dreadful communication with LG,the service company they use,virtually zero communication, twice we waited in for engineers that didn't turn up and we get accused of not replying to phone calls!
Anyway we've been without a washer since mid June. Eventually this week an engineer attends and finds...a hole in the drum...aha! I says and presented him a small silvery screw I found under the washer when mopping up the leak...
We then have a week of no communication as to when this might be fixed.
Yesterday I'd had enough and went to Currys and explained the fiasco to the manager. On noting my repair request date he informed me that the repair had to be done within 28 days or I can get a new appliance and as my money had been given to Currys in the first instance it was they who my contract was with.
He called someone over who took me to the customer services,wrote off my appliance,gave me a full value credit including delivery,installation and removal of the other! It's coming Tuesday.
What a palaver.
Oh and to finish off...I had an email off LG yesterday afternoon stating as it was a screw inside the machine it wasn't covered under warranty as it was "accidental " damage and the repair would cost £159. I'm not even going to reply...

We have had a couple of Indiset machines which have lasted many years and touch wood we haven't had any major problems with them.

The mother in law recently bought a new machine and when she went to load it the first time found a button (clothes not push) wedged in the drum, she was not happy.

Glad it all worked out in the end for you Clint. Really impressed with Currys here. It would have been so easy for them to palm you off with another repair.

It's one of the reasons I get things like this from John Lewis - if anything goes wrong they will go out of their way to fix it for you. Years ago I had a Global kitchen knife that snapped seen I was chopping potatoes. I walked into the store (with it wrapped up) and showed it to them, without a receipt or any proof of purchase as I'd had it for about 8 years. They said "oh wow, that shouldn't happen" took it off me, got a replacement off the shelf and ran out through the till for free, gave me a receipt and waved me out of the door with the new knife.

Latest posts

Back