Adding fruit to wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive made a few raspberry wheats which have turned out fantastic, have one planned for the brew after next. This time as I have a bigger system I plan to make 44L wheat beer split into 2 fermenters, one I will add about 2.5kg frozen raspberries and the other Ill try watermelon. Last few raspberry ones I bought frozen fruit and thawed overnight and added to the fermenter after about 3-4 days. I just put straight in and never had an issue with blockages, I do filter when transferring to the keg tho.
I have never tried watermelon but intend to buy a couple of big watermelon, cut them into small chunks, freeze for a few days then thaw and add after 3-4 days fermenting.

I’ve got a raspberry wheat in the fermenter right now in fact!

I just dumped a kilo of frozen berries in after fermentation was complete, dry hop style. Samples are tasting great so far!

Thanks everybody for all of your advice.
I added 1.4kg of thawed, frozen raspberries and left for 3 days which was plenty.
I wanted to get some raspberry flavour, but didn't want it to be
20220417_142856.jpg
overwhelming and this did just the trick.
Enough to add colour and flavour, but not too much render it non beer like lol, looks great too I think

Latest posts

Back