AG#3 Unplanned BIAB Brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyB78

Regular.
Reaction score
It seems tomorrow could be my last chance to brew for a month or two so decided to get one on.

Going for a 18L maxi BIAB OSH clone

79.5% Pale Malt (2.8 SRM = 5.5 EBC) 3405 grams
0.6% Black Malt (750 SRM = 1477.5 EBC) 26 grams
8% Crystal Malt 343 grams
11.9% white sugar 511 grams

25.1 IBU Challenger Pellets (5.5%AA) 42.7 grams at 90 mins

2.9 IBU Goldings Pellets (5.5%AA) 14.7 grams at 10 mins
Protofloc Tab at 10 mins

90 mash, sparge with 6L then top up to target OG in the fermenter which should give me 18L based on previous brews.

Only thing I've not got is a pack of yeast. I bottled My landlord clone yesterday and saved the yeast cake from this, can I just chuck some of that in in place of fresh yeast (not sure I've got time now to wash/do starters etc)?

first why you using sugar , that will only increase abv while doing nothing for taste and body ? but you add it in the boil a bit at a time so not to burn on elements amd also why don't yo sparge more water through so to collect enough wort so no need to add water later ? If boiler not big enough just use excess wort for topping up (it has to be boiled , don't just add it to the rest of the brew without boiling) good luck though :thumb:

Thanks pittsy, using sugar as it was in the graham wheeler recipe, seems a lot of his have sugar in. I'll spare with a bit more as you say and use that to top up as I go.

Latest posts

Back