AG #5 Fullers London Pride Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle_T

The Essex Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

Decided to go back to basics and get some practice with the the recipes from Wheelers book and I chose to go with his Fullers London Pride for this brew. Everything went well for a change and managed to get all my numbers right for the second time, the first being a friends Courage Directors clone.

The recipe was:

Brew Length: 23L
Efficiency: 75%
OG: 1.040
FG: 1.010 (Approx)
ABV: 4.0%
EBU: 30
EBC: 22

Grain Bill:
3.75kg Pale Malt.
370g Crystal Malt - Medium.

Strike Temp 72 deg/c.
90 minute mash at 68 deg/c.
Sparged at 80 deg/c.

Hops:
13g Target Hops - 90 Mins.
7g Challenger Hops - 90 Mins.
7g Northdown Hops - 90 Mins.
9g Golding Hops - 10 Mins.
Few cones of Golding for dry hop.

Boil Additions:
3g Irish Moss - 10 Mins.

Yeast: Muntons Premium Gold 6g

Very pleased with the outcome and the samples had a nice malt/bitterness balance. Will probably enter it in the comp for TST along with a couple of others. Will let you know how it turns out.

I've done this exact recipe and it's bang on! Don't be tempted to up the goldings, I did so and the aroma was too high for london pride, was much better after a few months when some of the aroma had worn off. Good luck sir!

It was brewed as by the book this time, modified my mild recipe from last time to give that another go, might enter that also for the comp. it came out lovely and clear during the transfer to FV, I have high hopes for this one.

Latest posts

Back