All grain advice.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thebiggestal

Reaction score
Hi

I brewed a kit on Sunday. Did an overnight chill and pitched the yeast at 23c. Into the fermenter fridge at 20c. There doesn’t seem to be much life. Looks like something is forming on the surface but no bubbles. Should I be worried? Give it a stir or just hold tight?

Hi

I brewed a kit on Sunday. Did an overnight chill and pitched the yeast at 23c. Into the fermenter fridge at 20c. There doesn’t seem to be much life. Looks like something is forming on the surface but no bubbles. Should I be worried? Give it a stir or just hold tight?
No need to worry, just be patient and leave well alone ,and it will all kick into life

Hi

If the surface is starting to be colonised, it'll be rattling away by morning.

You pitched the yeast yesterday, then. A 36 hour lag time isn't exceptional. Stirring would be a waste of time.
Full report in the morning, please.

Last edited:
Homebrew is incredibly forgiving. You can do a huge amount "wrong" and still make fantastic beer.

Bare in mind a lot of the chat on these forums is advanced, nit-picky type discussions and that people made great beer for thousands of years without fancy processes and scrupulous sanitation.

Relax, don't worry, and enjoy the homebrew that comes out the other side!
🍻

Latest posts

Back