Another CO2 supplier question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyne_brewer

Regular.
Reaction score
A lot of the names mentioned in previous threads are not advertising CO2 currently.

I’m looking for a supplier of 2kg or 3.15kg bottles, rent free. Can anyone recommend a supplier of small bottles without huge deposits & rent? Leicester (work) or Notts / Newark area (home) with a collection option.

I’ve found Fosse Gas who do a new 2kg cylinder for £72, hoping I might do better.

2kg cylinder for £72
that's rather expensive IMHO, as my nearest distributor does a full 6kg cylinder PLUS deposit for £70 (and a refil for just £20)

Look for an Air Liquide agent in your area - or failing that, try Gas on the Go who may be able to deliver to you (tell them it's for a home bar setup)

that's rather expensive IMHO, as my nearest distributor does a full 6kg cylinder PLUS deposit for £70 (and a refil for just £20)

Look for an Air Liquide agent in your area - or failing that, try Gas on the Go who may be able to deliver to you (tell them it's for a home bar setup)
Yes, it is a bit steep, considering my 6.35kg big bottle was £25 delivered. However it's literally round the corner from where I work so counts as local at least!

Do you have a fire protection/fire extinguisher company close by? If so, pop over one day, around the back/loading bay or the like and ask someone if they can provide refurbed CO2 canisters and refills.
I did this, as prompted by someone on this forum, and haven’t looked back. Got a 2kg refurbed canister for £30 and he refills it for me for a fiver a time.

I've used ALDD now bought out i beleave, T&J Installations (tandjinstallations.com) the times Ive bought from them they havent had any deposits, you can hand back your empty canisters and the price for 6.3kg was about £20. I've lost their payment details etc as its been about a year since I have needed new gas. So Ive requested a brochure from their site.

Do you have a fire protection/fire extinguisher company close by? If so, pop over one day, around the back/loading bay or the like and ask someone if they can provide refurbed CO2 canisters and refills.
I did this, as prompted by someone on this forum, and haven’t looked back. Got a 2kg refurbed canister for £30 and he refills it for me for a fiver a time.
Will it be food grade though?

Latest posts

Back