Boil pot issues

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FridgeSpaceBrewing

Reaction score
Hi all. Quick one. I am supposed to be doing a 20l all grain today, just realised my boil pot doesnt work on induction hobs and have no other way of heating the water. I have a 13l boil pot. Can i do 2 lots of 10l and add it all to one fermentor? Or is this not ideal. Dont really mind about the time it will take. Thanks in advance

I do no-chill.
I'd just do the first lot. Dump it hot into the fermenter. Do the second lot and add that to the fermenter. Then either use your wort chiller or (as I would do) just let it cool naturally to pitching temperature. For 20L that would take about 9 hours, which doesn't bother me - I've usually finished a brew by 2pm so I'm pitching at bed time. Obviously a wort chiller might be more convenient.

I'm a no-chill convert and either let my wort cool in the kettle then transfer the next day, or transfer it hot to the fermenter and likewise let it cool (typically overnight) before pitching at breakfast time. Super simple.

Welcome to the wonderful world of partigyling! I do it all the time since I have an induction hob that'll only boil about 13-15L per pan even when it's running full pelt. I have two pans, it works fine. You can chuck the "gyles" together in the fermenter or blend them to make two (or more) different beers. Good luck, you'll be fine.

Back