Bouncer Beer Filter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh18t

Reaction score
Hey highs just wondering if anyone has some experience with this filter?

I’m looking for a filter that I can put on the racking port on my conical so I can bottle directly from the fermenter without excessive hop material when making hoppy beers. I usually filter through a mesh bag into a bottling bucket, but I’ve been getting bad oxidation issues with hoppy beers so I’m trying to keep this down to a minimum.

It looks like you only get the larger red filter when you buy the unit, is this good at removing most material or is it worth purchasing the blue filter?

I don’t keg yet as I don’t have the room for an additional fridge but I believe this filter is intended for gravity fed systems.

Any input or other options would be ace.

Cheers [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
I have this and use the larger mesh when transferring from my boil and the fine mesh for any other transfers works great. Definitely worth getting both filters

I found a cheaper, smaller option available for camping/motor home water pumps. This works well for transfer from fv to keg, to stop those little hop particles that love to block the disconnects. Search Google for Shurflo filters, they are around £8.
shurflo-water-filter-strainer.jpeg

79a98853257f585c1117dcc0a9793a9a.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've got one and I use it when transferring dry-hopped beers from the fermenter into a keg. I use the finer blue filter which I use which does stop most of the bits of hops from going through, but not enough to clog it. (I've got an SS Brewtech brewbucket and so have the conical shape at the bottom which does trap most of the trub)

I found a cheaper, smaller option available for camping/motor home water pumps. This works well for transfer from fv to keg, to stop those little hop particles that love to block the disconnects. Search Google for Shurflo filters, they are around £8.View attachment 14626
79a98853257f585c1117dcc0a9793a9a.jpg

Thanks for that I figured there must have been some sort of cheaper version. I’ve had a look on AliExpress and might get two different mesh sizes and daisy chain.

It looks like the micron size is about as fine as the blue size for the bouncer filter and then you can go finer still.

Do you find the flow rate is good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only used it twice so far with no flow issues. These are designed to be used on taps in motorhomes, so allow a good flow rate. The biggest reduction in flow is the corny disconnect and post.

I also found this site in the USA that posts globally. They have a massive range and appear to be a distributor for Ron-Vik, the source of many of these products.

https://www.vacmotion.com

EDIT: Although the site appears to be down.

Last edited:
Back