Brewing controller finished - whoop!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilledGecko

Zythophile, innit mate
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've managed to find time to complete the electrics side of my impending brewery system.
It's a set of SSRs (Solid State Relays) being controlled from a Raspberry Pi and a CraftBeerPi add on board.
It also has a bunch of temperature sensors for various duties, ambient, HLT, Kettle, Mash, Liqour holding, dog (if it keeps still long enough 🐶)
I've added front panel controls for the heaters and pumps so I can isolate and/or manually control the separate items.

I've added the obligatory shiny lights, touch screen and power usage display that every that every man demands as his birth right. 💻 🤓🤓

The Pi is accessible via remote management, so I _could_ get things going from the comfort of my armchair, but it'll be a while before I'd even consider them sort of antics.

I've yet to wire in the heater and pump cabling from the sockets to the actual equipment, but that's an hour or so's work.

Once all wired up I'll run some PID runs on the heaters to capture the heating characteristics to give pinpoint control with no overheat (theoretically...).

One day I'll actually start the AG brewing, it's been long enough.

20200908_163340.jpg

20201003_131409.jpg

Back