Dalian Atkinson

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else read about the boot being used, i didn't see the description of events (below) at the time, if it was they deserve everything they get.

A neighbour described seeing the former Aston Villa star, 48, being Tasered after "stumbling towards" police.
Mr Atkinson went into cardiac arrest on his way to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 03:00.
Paula Quinn, who lives in a first-floor flat near the Atkinson property in Trench, said: "They were shouting and kicking so much all I could hear were the boots hitting him.
"And then the officer who released the Taser stepped back while the other officer still continued to kick and then I could hear him shout to the other officer that was still kicking, 'Back off, back off, back off.'
"And then the officer with the Taser asked the gentleman to put his hands behind his back and did so probably two or three times and reactivated the Taser another four or five times after that. "
BBC News.

Two police officers are under criminal investigation after the death of former Aston Villa star Dalian Atkinson who died after he was shot with a Taser.
The West Mercia officers have been suspended pending the outcome of the probe by the independent Police Complaints Commission,I the force said.
Mr Atkinson died shortly after being shot following an altercation in Meadow Close, Trench, in Telford on Monday.
A post-mortem examination was inconclusive.
IPCC Commissioner, Derrick Campbell, said the investigation would consider Mr Atkinson's death and the "level and type of force used" against him.
The watchdog said a "criminal investigation does not mean that criminal charges will necessarily follow".
Police said the Taser was deployed at about 01:30 BST in Telford, Shropshire after officers were called to a report of concern for a man's safety at Mr Atkinson's father's house.
A neighbour described seeing the 48-year-old being Tasered after "stumbling towards" police.
'In shock'
Mr Atkinson went into cardiac arrest on his way to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 03:00.
Mr Campbell said: "Two police officers will be interviewed under criminal caution by IPCC investigators.
"We will keep Mr Atkinson's family updated, and our thoughts remain with all of those affected by his death."
In a statement, Mr Atkinson's family said they were "still in shock".
"We are determined to get justice for him which means getting to the truth," it said.
"We are looking to the IPCC to carry out a thorough and robust investigation that will ultimately provide transparency and accountability. Dalian's memory requires nothing less."
Mr Atkinson was a top-flight striker in the 1990s, starting his career at Ipswich Town then playing for Sheffield Wednesday and Spanish side Real Sociedad before moving to Villa.
He scored 23 goals in 85 appearances for the Birmingham side between 1991 and 1995.
West Mercia Police Chief Constable Anthony Bangham said: "I wish to express my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Dalian who are going through this traumatic time.
"I would like to reassure his family and the community that we will fully co-operate with the IPCC."
A petition calling on the Prime Minister to urgently review police use of Tasers has so far gathered more than 50,000 signatures.

Back