Dripping Stout Tap.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamberdog

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with stout/nitro taps? I recently bought one to serve my stouts and porters but I can't get it to stop dripping. I'm serving a porter using 40psi mixed gas and the tap won't stop dripping even with the flow control shut off. I reckon I've lost half a keg of my firrst brew, now I'm disconnecting between serving which just a nuisance.

Any ideas?

Does anybody have experience with stout/nitro taps? I recently bought one to serve my stouts and porters but I can't get it to stop dripping. I'm serving a porter using 40psi mixed gas and the tap won't stop dripping even with the flow control shut off. I reckon I've lost half a keg of my firrst brew, now I'm disconnecting between serving which just a nuisance.

Any ideas?
It's hard to know without seeing/knowing what specific type or brand of tap it is, but I have had leaks when the handle part is not tightly screwed enough on to the main tap. Afraid I don't know the actual name of the parts I'm talking about.

Thanks, that might actually make a bit of sense - after assembly there was a nut left over that I couldn't allocate - if it fits on the handle stem onto the tap head that might make a difference.

Cheers - I'll give it a go.

Back