Duvel clone AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long did you keg condition for?

Probably not what you are expecting. So far, 2 weeks.

But in recent times, I've been aging in fermenters and start drinking almost as soon as it's carbed up. In this case, I found it difficult to find time to transfer to secondary, so it ended up with 9 weeks in primary (I started to get a bit worried). I had intended to rack to secondary, but it was so clear after the 9 weeks that I decided to go straight to keg.

It's very much like Duvel. Not everyone will like Duvel, so I'd try a bottle first if you've never had it, but if you do like it, then I can stand behind the recipe in the OP. Possibly with dextrose in place of candi syrup (I mention this as mine is a tad sweeter than real Duvel).

Sounds great.

I'd seriously consider moving to liquid yeasts to make this kind of beer though if you want to have another go. They cost a fair bit but if you choose a yeast you can make an over-sized starter and save a bit then grow it up each time. I got 5 brews out of the last vial I used, saving a little jar full of the starter each time.

You could then make a whole range of Belgian style beers like a blond, a dubbel, a tripel and something like Duvel for example.

Back