End of fermentaion help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodgy74

Reaction score
Started a Honey and Blackberry Mead on 10 January 3lbs of Honey with 3 litres blackcurrant juice at 32% fruit juice, came out at OG of 1.130, diluted to 1.116 about 2/3 of a demijohn, fermented out tested after 14 January to 1.120, 16 January 1.110 topped up to just below neck with juice an water to 1.120, fermentation stopped mid February at 1.014 added yeast directly and yeast starter finally got it going again, stopped end of February at 1.012 managed to restart fermentation but bloops through airlock at four and a half minutes. Any help getting this going again.

I usually find racking off to a fresh sanitised demi John gets it going again.
With fruit wines I'll do this multiple times till
sediment free and clear, each time it bubbles less as sugars are consumed by the yeast.

I racked it off at 1.014 and it took a while to restart even using Lalvin EC-1118 and Youngs Super wine yeast. Pitched in some Wilko Gervin Universal wine yeast and it started straight away blooping slowly every 30 secs. but don't hold out much hope of it finishing

Thanks Stevie, actually I diluted it to 1.116, but if it sops again i'll call it a day and stop it.

Latest posts

Back