Energy meter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a brew on Wednesday 23L, smart metre reading at start £8-88 after mash and boil £10-88 so £2-00 and that's with stuff running in the background which included washing machine on a 30 minute cycle, i am happy with that, kit is brewzilla 35L gen 3

I’m on a standard tariff of about 33p kwh so it costs me 62p per hour to run the 1.9kw element, 16.5p for the 500w and 79p for both so, yes, about £2 per brew is an average ballpark for me on the 35l Brewzilla.

I use a 2.2KW heater for heating my mash water to strike temp as well as boiling after using my 1.5 KW RIMS heater for for mash duration. I also use a Digiboil switching between the 500w and 1900w elements to heat and maintain the sparge water @ 75 °c. Ancillary items pump, controller and extractor fan are also running. Last brew day my total power usage totalled just over £2.00. So very similar to BB

That sounds like I ought to get some figures in for the BM20 then.

I will do a reading for mash/boil and then leave it on for ferment as well.

I think it’s the refrigeration costs that will really curl your toe nails if you’re running a fermentation fridge, glycol chiller and kegarator/keezer. Brewday is mere pocket change in comparison.

This is one of the reasons I went for a fridge powered coil in the kettle (fv). The only extra load really is the submersible pump the fridge is on anyway and so is the inkbird.

20230812_113806.jpg20230812_104730.jpg

Yeah. I don't know if you saw my post where I drilled through the gas on my old glass front Derby. Best thing I ever did. It was plated at 280w. The A class whatever £50 beko was 65w. 😱😱

So you could see the chiller now as a freebie 👍🏻😁

Latest posts

Back