First Gold Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fantastic hop this is. Tried a Badger First Call at the weekend and just tried this one and both have that marmalade description. Mine still has the harshness of the dry hop that could do with mellowing a bit and it looks a little like pond water for some reason, but other than that I'm very pleased!

It's funny you say that, my APA which I dry hopped with Columbus has a sludge at the bottom of the bottle which always gets in the pint. It's not the yeast (that's stuck to the bottom of the bottle), so must be pellet dust? It doesn't detract from the taste (which is lovely) but does make it look like scrumpy!

It's funny you say that, my APA which I dry hopped with Columbus has a sludge at the bottom of the bottle which always gets in the pint. It's not the yeast (that's stuck to the bottom of the bottle), so must be pellet dust? It doesn't detract from the taste (which is lovely) but does make it look like scrumpy!

Yeah I think mine's due to the dry hop too as it's the same at room temp. It might settle, but it's been in the bottle for about three weeks I think, so I'm not so sure. It's strange as I've dry hopped with a lot more in other beers that have finished clear.

I'm not that bothered really, I'd rather have a beer that tastes great and looks **** than one that looks great and tastes ****!

Yeah nice beer over clarity. I think was the fact I dry hopped with pellets in a muslin bag rather than leaf

My First Gold pale ale is half way through carbonating..I had a bottle last night and it is going to turn out a really good brew....nice and hoppy. Never used first gold before...will use again. Made up some proper labels to up my presentation game.

Resize of Rotation of P1030754.jpg

Latest posts

Back