• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Two mounted 24V Magnetic Coupled pumps and PSUs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chastuck

Reaction score
Having recently purchased Chugger pumps my two 24V Magnetic Coupled pumps are up for sale. These were purchased from Homebrewbuilder (http://www.brewbuilder.co.uk) just over a year ago and are in an excellent clean condition. They are in full working order. These pumps offer massive amounts of power for their size. They are magnetically coupled meaning there is no messing about with voltage to control flow. Simply restrict flow on the outlet via a ball valve or similar to achieve your desired rate. They are temperature rated to 100+ degree C and food safe. They are more powerful than the 12V version and have a 16 litres per minute maximum flow rate and 5M maximum head.

The pumps as supplied by Homebrewbuilder have no mounts on them. To mount the pumps to be suitable for home brewing, I've used brass ring Munson clips of 28mm, 54mm and 67mm sizes, with backplates and backplate extensions. Stainless steel M10 studding with M10 bolts are used where appropriate. Stainless steel 316 elbows and nipples are fitted to the pumps to give the appropriate flow direction and length to the input and output connections. The pumps are fitted with 1/2 inch BSP stainless steel full bore ball valves. Type F stainless steel Camlocks are fitted on the inlets and outlets. The mounts and pumps are fixed to a solid plinth of nicely varnished pine. Overall dimensions of the plinth are 550mm x 220mm x 75mm high. The weight of the plinth and pumps is 5.5kg.

Included with the pumps are two high quality 24V power supply units. To ensure reliability and safety, they were not purchased from dubious sources but from Litecone (http://www.litecone.co.uk). They are 24V DC 72W Constant Voltage PSUs. They provide a stable 24V DC supply to the pumps, ensuring their life isn't reduced by using an incorrect supply. To make sure the PSUs are protected from wort and water spillages they are sealed in a "Lock and & Lock" Rectangular Food Container and the cables passed through water-tight glands. The PSUs will be supplied with coaxial plugs for connection to the pumps and have standard 13 amp mains plugs fitted.

Pictures of my pump stand follow, showing the water and wort pumps and their mounting system. You will note I've kept the pumps horizontal, with the output higher than the input. This is the advice given when mounting March pumps to ensure efficient priming with no air blockages.

17310414181_5f1fc75a55_z.jpg

17310413931_46d1c17f6f_z.jpg

16688407164_41aa2c35df_z.jpg

16690610103_b23d673b46_z.jpg

Price and Delivery
The two mounted pumps as shown, complete with the two PSUs, are for sale at £100, which is a real bargain considering what you are getting.

I would prefer the buyer collects. However, I will provide free delivery to buyers living in Greater London south of the Thames or in any southern home counties. I may be willing to meet buyers from other locations half way between my place and theirs if they pay me for the fuel used at 15p per mile. I am willing to discuss other delivery arrangements at your cost and risk. Cash on collection or on delivery please.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back