Geordie Mild Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillFrites

Reaction score
So yesterday I bottled and kegged my two fermenting brews. Both tasting good.
Clearly I have caught the bug again as I am currently heating a can of Geordie Mild LME.
I shall be brewing this short to 20 litres rather than 23 litres following some research. I was considering just mixing my last two LME kits (Geordie Mild and Winter Warmer) but would rather get two kits worth given the pennies.
But hopefully this means once the first batches are conditioned I should have a reasonable ongoing supply!

So yesterday I bottled and kegged my two fermenting brews. Both tasting good.
Clearly I have caught the bug again as I am currently heating a can of Geordie Mild LME.
I shall be brewing this short to 20 litres rather than 23 litres following some research. I was considering just mixing my last two LME kits (Geordie Mild and Winter Warmer) but would rather get two kits worth given the pennies.
But hopefully this means once the first batches are conditioned I should have a reasonable ongoing supply!
Sounds great to me. I love mild and I've got two versions I brew regularly. Instead of combining kits, why not just get a sachet of light make extract to give your beers a bit more noisy and strength at full volume.

Sounds great to me. I love mild and I've got two versions I brew regularly. Instead of combining kits, why not just get a sachet of light make extract to give your beers a bit more noisy and strength at full volume.
Thanks.
I will indeed eventually get a some sachets....but working what I have as ordering here is expensive (for me) so I prefer to save up and order £100 (or euros) of stuff in one go, which will be in a few months. So in the meantime looking at getting the best out of the kits with what I have.

Thanks.
I will indeed eventually get a some sachets....but working what I have as ordering here is expensive (for me) so I prefer to save up and order £100 (or euros) of stuff in one go, which will be in a few months. So in the meantime looking at getting the best out of the kits with what I have.
I didn't realise you were in France. So am I. I order most of my stuff from thehomebrewcompany in Ireland. You can pay in £ or €, I find £ best value. autobrasseur is the next best bet and rolling beers are very expensive. I agree its best to order big as its the same £12.30 for up to 31kg.

I didn't realise you were in France. So am I. I order most of my stuff from thehomebrewcompany in Ireland. You can pay in £ or €, I find £ best value. autobrasseur is the next best bet and rolling beers are very expensive. I agree its best to order big as its the same £12.30 for up to 31kg.
I didn't realise you were either!
I usually use Brouwland in Belgium. Same postage costs....but I will check out thehomebrewcompany as never thought about Ireland.

I don't even look at French suppliers as their kits are either overpriced or 5 litre full grain kits neither of which interest me.

I used to live in Somerset and had a lovely place with a small but reasonably stocked homebrew section (often lots of offers as not many people purchased the kits.). Do miss going there or even Wilkos to have a look.
Roll on the lottery win

I used these guys all the time when I lived over there, and occasionally brouwland. Braumarkt always had a better selection though.

Edit: I didn't live in France but I believe they ship there.

https://braumarkt.com/

Yes they do. I've used them twice and have been disappointed on both occasions. But I wasn't buying kits.
Interesting, I probably ordered there 50+ times and never had an issue. That was pre COVID times though.

Latest posts

Back