Good Gas Prices

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branny

Beer swillin, pie munchin, fat mon
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread regarding suppliers of gas at decent prices.

I spent ages calling around suppliers in and around Wigan/Chorley after prices skyrocketed - in many cases seemingly double or 2.5x those 12 months ago.

Anyway, that leads me to Tygas in Bury. 6kg/10l Co2 at £19.60 for gas (new or refill) and £30 yearly deposit. Nearly half the price of the next cheapest I could find.

My nearly empty cylinder will be going back to Chorley and it'll fund a new second cylinder with significant savings on refills (more than half the price) thereafter. No supply issues either - must be 50 plus Co2 cylinders and similar for mixed gas.

My supplier is Neon Auto in Sutton Coldfield. for a 6.35kg cylinder initial upfront cost back in about 2021 was about £90 but the gas cost was £26 and the rest the 'rental price' - no annual rental charge. I got a refill which before price rises was around £26 was £32. Getting a second cylinder refilled today so we'll see if the cost has gone up any more.

Can probably get it cheaper but they're reasonably local so convenience has value too and I've seen refi costs alot higher...like up around the £70 - £80 mark.

There seems no logic to prices. The supplier in Haydock who I understood were previously very competitive quoted me way over £100 collected - no thank you!

Latest posts

Back