Help my lid broke

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamprocter

Reaction score
So I was setting up my kit again getting it all sterilised but my lid for 25L youngs barrel just snapped apart (the plastic had got brittle) BUT I have already got all my stuff ready to go and I am really not up for spending £6 postage for a £2 lid. What alternative options do I have. Would a cloth top sealed with rubber bands be enough. Or should I try and use some other type of lid. Or do I just have to bite the bullet and swallow the postage costs :(

Would a cloth top sealed with rubber bands be enough.

Cling film has been used by many members in the past.

As Bigcol says, I have been using cling film (plus a big elastic band) to cover my FV's for a few years now. No pin hole needed as the C02 finds a way to escape. You get the added bonus of being able to look into your FV anytime you like without fear of contamination

Is it completely busted in half? If not I'd cling film the bucket,might be easier to do the lid, then poke a hole for the airlock. Spray everything with sanitiser. Then push the lid on. Or being me..I'd fix the lid from the outside with duct tape until I could get another.

Screenshot_20230803-202905_WhatsApp.jpg

Classic thanks all. I have used cling film and rubber bands. This is the brew I am attempting to make. 5 days until adding hops and only 10 days to Sterilise all my bottles.

Attachments

• IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8964.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
Is it completely busted in half? If not I'd cling film the bucket,might be easier to do the lid, then poke a hole for the airlock. Spray everything with sanitiser. Then push the lid on. Or being me..I'd fix the lid from the outside with duct tape until I could get another.
No just the lid broke not the bucket. All good

Latest posts

Back