Initial set up for kegging

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Following my newbie question on the brewing discussion, it has been suggested that I get some proper kit rather than my very basic set.

Im in France so I cant buy from the UK unless I happen to go back by car, so I was pointed to various companies in France and one in Belgium. Prices tend to be higher than the UK, but are easily accessible, so I am thinking of:

FermZilla starter kit 27 litre Tri-Conical Gen3 (149 Euros) (£130?)

PolyKeg® Pro with bag transparent 20 l A-fitting (20Euros)

My plan is to make several brews and store than in the Polykegs. The range available isnt as wide as in the UK so suggesting other makes will complicate things. (Think a DIY store in France, you can buy a white door or a brown door and thats it)

What other accessories will I need to go with that? I can buy the CO2 at the same time but I am thinking valves, pipes etc.

I saw the price and though I really only wanted a starter set up, but looked again at your post, and the components included less the bits I think I dont need are:
  • MK4 KegLand regulator with 8 mm Duotight fitting
  • Brushed stainless steel triple tap
  • 3 x Nukatap stainless steel taps
  • 3 x Duotight compatible short shanks
  • 3 x black plastic tap handles
  • Pre-cut EVABarrier beer line 4 x 8 mm (ID x OD) and EVABarrier gas line 5 x 8 mm (ID x OD)
  • 3 x Duotight 6.5 x 8 mm push in fittings to easily join the beer line to the tap shanks
  • 3 x soda kegs 19 litre
  • 1 x Brewferm CO2 cylinder
  • 3 x ball-lock disconnect CO2
  • 3 x ball-lock disconnect liquid
  • 6 x Duotight 8 mm push-in fitting FFL
Thanks for the advice.

Back