Kegerator taps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djweeble

Reaction score
I'm currently getting the equipment together to build my first Kegerator.
I have the gas regulator, the lines, a shedload of empty Polykegs, a Sankey valve fitting, and the "tower" to fit the taps to. Just waiting for a reasonable under counter fridge to come up on Farcebook Marketplace.

I'm hoping to make it look a bit "different" to the usual, as in I'm using a nicely polished (used)105mm Howitzer shell to mount the taps on, and I'm currently looking for some nice old fashioned brass water taps to fit to it.

My question is, do normal beer font taps have any form of internal flow regulator fitted to them ? because if so, I will need to source some sort of inline one.

I'm currently getting the equipment together to build my first Kegerator.
I have the gas regulator, the lines, a shedload of empty Polykegs, a Sankey valve fitting, and the "tower" to fit the taps to. Just waiting for a reasonable under counter fridge to come up on Farcebook Marketplace.

I'm hoping to make it look a bit "different" to the usual, as in I'm using a nicely polished (used)105mm Howitzer shell to mount the taps on, and I'm currently looking for some nice old fashioned brass water taps to fit to it.

My question is, do normal beer font taps have any form of internal flow regulator fitted to them ? because if so, I will need to source some sort of inline one.
Standard taps don't as your flow is regulated by the beer line whereas you can purchase taps with flow control built in which is just an adjustable restrictor valve with a manual lever for control,however you can buy inline flow restrictors which can be inserted into the line similar to these.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NLBKTVL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_GVYXD0ND9VYEQJKMQTWB

Latest posts

Back