Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get a false bottom for mine. Angel homebrew sent a 'back in stock' email. I ordered one pretty much immediately & it was then marked as 'out of stock' so they must have found one in the back of a cupboard.

I might now try a batch without using the hop spider to see if hop utilisation appears any better.

underletting for the win!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/underletting-in-an-all-in-one.676116/#post-10363616

" grind directly into the pre-assembled basket, then just put it into the preheated mash water and let it sink. It actually floats and slowly lowers itself! WAY easier than traditional mashin"

tried this for the first time and i wont go back to traditional dough in . this is no brainer for me.

anyone else do this its much easier and no change in efficiency.

Yes that was always how I did it but I have a concern about the sides and bottom sinking at different rates as the grain floats and no longer holds it together. I use the mash paddle to force the pipe down then stir.

Managed to get a false bottom for mine. Angel homebrew sent a 'back in stock' email. I ordered one pretty much immediately & it was then marked as 'out of stock' so they must have found one in the back of a cupboard.

I might now try a batch without using the hop spider to see if hop utilisation appears any better.
Did you notice much in hop utilisation? Brewlosophy did a vid on hop spiders and I don't think they noticed much difference. Used a hop spider for the first time on Friday. And I could see plenty of oils coming from the basket and beer smelt as good as usual. Saved a load of mess in the bottom of the kettle as well. I'll wait and see what the beer comes out like but it's having a massive dry hop anyway so maybe not the beer to test with.

Latest posts

Back