Lidl Dolly

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can't remember where I saw this originally (have searched but couldn't see anything) so apologies if a repost.

Lidl are currently selling wheeled dollies for £12.99. I just got a round one for my Grainfather.

Takes up to 250kg and feels like a solid unit so should be good for moving AIOs around (although there are no locks on any of the castors).

Think they're only on sale until the weekend.

Screenshot_20230131_200737_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I saw these the other day and thought these would be great for moving the AIO around. I then thought I don't move it around at the moment as I'm brewing in the garage.

Genuine question, are people moving around full AIOs and if so for what purpose? I could see this being useful for boiling outside but then doing everything else indoors. However, I'd still have the conundrum of lifting a full AIO onto the workbench after the boil.

I moving around full AIO, but these aren't fit for purpose, as due to the unavoidable spillages, they're become soft, and they'll collapse.

I use one for moving my AIO, although it’s only generally to move it away from a door, or some other minor movement. I’ve personally had no issues so far.

Wooden dollies? Prehistoric sex toys? Be careful of splinters!
Never seen them in Lidl, but I've got a number of the rectangular ones from Action. I can get two crates of 75s or pints side by side and slide them under the garage and forget about them until the contents are well and truly lagered. If you buy your base malt by the sack full and store it in plastic barrels, they're ideal for putting under the barrels to move them around. We'll worth getting even if you can't think of an immediate purpose.
But be careful of splinters.

Aldi also have these (£1 cheaper) but made from MDF rather than ply.

I think I'll seal the outside edge to minimise any potential damage from splashes.

I think the first thing to go will be the unsealed bearings on the castors.

Buy once, cry once: SMONTER Multi-functional Movable Base with 4×2 Locking Rubber Swivel Wheels Mobile Case Roller Dolly for Washing Machine,Dryer and Refrigerator,Grey Amazon.co.uk

You'll need a stainless disc for your angle grinder to trim the pipes.

I have 2, so far so good.

I bought one of those from Lidl years ago for my telescope. It's a big bugger and the base weighs 20kg and the scope weighs about the same. It was always a complete faff getting it in and out for a nights observation and this made it a cinch.
Will even cope with slightly rough floors / driveway as the castors are of a good size

Latest posts

Back