Lidl stores

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aegir

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I noticed that Lidl stores are selling an electric fruit preserver and jam maker tommorow, Thursday 10th, is it possible to advise if this would be suitable for home brewing?
If you got to their web site and click on 'kitchen offers for Thursday and then you post code it will show you the item in full glory!! :roll:

Any advice most welcome, I posted same in my introduction on joining this site.
many thanks, regards :thumb:

Dave

They are great for home brewing :thumb:
They will make suitable boilers for 23l batches of beer if used carefully ;)

Reports elsewhere suggest that it does and if it doesn't it's a simple screwdriver adjustment to change the point at which the element knocks off. Not tried one myself however.

Well, I bought one and it doesn't maintain a rolling boil. Nowhere near. It's shuts off and stay off for minutes before kicking back in. :(

I've taken it apart and there doesn't appear to be any adjustment possible on the thermostat. I've read on other forums that you can add a bypass switch and it looks possible but I'm a little nervous of the 16V rated thermostat! Surely it won't pull more than 13A, would it?

Anyway, if anyone else has tried I'd love to know. If not, it's relegated to future HLT duties if I ever turn to the Darkside.

Yeah I've just tried mine and it too switched off once it got to the boil. Let me know if you find a way to adjust the thermostat. What a pain, was hoping to use it for my first AG brew tomorrow. :(

I've carried out the mod and the thermostat no longer cuts the power. However, it's not a rolling boil but just what I'd call a simmer. It looks like it's not powerful enough.

Ah well, future HLT me thinks.

Back